Sunday, March 25, 2012

Good Spring Break...

I didn't spend spring break quite like I thought I was going to. Instead....I traveled a lot...and enjoyed most of it. Here goes my review of Spring Break.

I headed down to Houston the Friday we got out of school for a volleyball tournament.
The girls played well on Saturday but we didn't play again until Sunday afternoon. So...I got to spend a couple of hours reading and enjoying some coffee and treats before we had to head to the gym.


I got home late on Sunday night, I repacked a suitcase, and headed to bed.
I caught an early flight to the airport Monday morning to head to Arkansas. We didn't know how much longer my sweet Granny Joy had left with us. Long story short...I missed seeing her by about 5 minutes. But...I was able to stay in town until Thursday and have a whole lot of sweet family time. My sister wrote a sweet blog about Granny Joy the other day...try to read it here.
Monday afternoon my cousin's daughter had a track meet, so all (including Papa) went to watch Alex run. Little Sophie and Gabby played on my phone and created this picture...


So...Thursday afternoon I flew back to Dallas at Love Field. A friend picked me up at 5:45 and somehow (well...the Lord had to have just cleared the traffic) we made it to DFW by 6:30 to catch my 7:20 flight to St. Louis. One more volleyball tournament for Spring Break.

We didn't have the best tournament...but the girls had fun and I think we all learned a lot while there.

We got home at about 10:00 on Sunday night. And that, was my spring break.


No comments:

Post a Comment